Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Koi Dano Ai Dano

Koi dano Ai dano MangaThe sequel for Warau Kanoko-sama. Sadly I can only find where they have raw scans for chapters 10 and 11, so this review is for up to chapter 9.


Plot: [From Mangareader.net]
Aside from being transferred from school to school during her middle school years, Kanoko has entered Takara no Tani High School with Tsubaki. For some reason, she becomes the “Strategist” for Cultural Affairs Department in reference to the Three Kingdoms and ends up joining the Newspaper Club….?!


Now, I really like this sequel. It continues Tsubaki's quest to get Kanoko realize that he likes her. It's quite a quest with Kanoko. I mean, the manga plays him doing things to be close with her so well. For example, her refusing to quit the newspaper club until she figures out while Tsubaki joined while, at the same moment, he is thinking that he has to stay in it longer because Kanoko won't quit. Also, the fact that he bites her neck and she says "I have no time to play vampire games with you." *dies of laughter* I mean, his first attempt at getting her to realize his feelings was an epic fail, and even he states that she was dense.


At some stories that are inserted though they have no relation to the actual story, Kanoko was compared to Tsubaki's cat Ketchup. So I figure it's a nice touch that the creator of the manga had Kanoko drawn as Ketchup-Kanoko(as in, Kanoko in cat version) when Tsubaki pulled her off Okyou-sempai.



Rofl. The dude that likes Hanai wants to be Kanoko because Hanai said that she likes Kanoko the most.
It’s nice that they include students from various other schools that Kanoko attended.


Nogiku Noriko thinks everyone is blackmailed by Kanoko, huh? It just shows how different a page she is on from the girl who thinks Tsubaki and Kanoko are "tangled in the red thread of love" (or something like that...)


And it’s nice that they include students from various other schools that Kanoko attended.



For character reviews, I couldn't find pictures of all the characters. So, if you are able to send me a message with a picture of one, I'd greatly appreciate it so I could update this with all the reviews. (Like Okyou-sempai, the presidents of different clubs, the clubs in general, etc.)

Kanoko



Kanoko previously lived the life of a transfer student. Now she has decided to be a "refreshing girl" in high school. Since she often talks to herself, Tsubaki hears her and says "Impossible for you." I must say I agree, especially after she shouts out "I can hear people's thoughts!"
Kanoko is still her trouble-loving self. If the author had changed that, the story itself would have been a failure. With how dense Kanoko is, it's quite impossible for her to realize Tsubaki's feelings, and she actually says that she would love to see the girl who could make Tsubaki fall in love. Ah, and she always believes he hugs and kisses her in a friendly way and accuses him of acting like a Westerner. [He should just kiss her on the lips...] A Kanoko that isn't dense is not a Kanoko at all...


What Tsubaki wants for the culture festival.

Tsubaki gets jealous easily. It's not shown much in Warau Kanoko-sama, but it really is shown here. When Kanoko says that Hanai's brother texted her, he gets so jealous! And in chapter four when Yamada says that Kanoko has gotten cuter, he seems really angry and is probably thinking "Must...Kill...Yamada...!"
Ah, and I remember when one of the club members(I can never remember his name, but he's in the first picture in this review with Kanoko and Tsubaki) threatened to tell Kanoko that Tsubaki liked her, he said it would be a favor and that if he told Kanoko she would likely still not understand.
This manga, just like Warau Kanoko-sama, would be a lot less without Tsubaki. His jealousy and acting as a way for Kanoko to move around freely for spying are fantastic tools in the manga.






Kanoko and Hanai
Hanai is referred to as Kanoko's middle school friend that got accepted into a school that you get accepted into just by writing your name. It says its acceptance rate is 120% That tells you Hanai's problems. She takes cram school when school first starts. Haha.


I hate these two...they are annoying...








The cast of our fantastic manga!


The flags are mentioned in the manga. Tsubaki gets whatever he wants, but it's troublesome for Kanoko.

The chapter about Kanoko's birthday

Really bad way to make a good impression...

Kanoko and Tsubaki sporting their new High School uniforms!

-Zeki

4 comments:

  1. Huzzah! I'm commenting on your reviews again! 8D
    I'm glad I stumbled upon your reviews XD, their quite similar to what I was thinking/thought when I was reading the manga lamo. =w=
    I was surprised and seriously delighted when I scrolled down to find a review for Koi Dano Ai Dano and Warau Kanoko-sama since it's not really popular.... even thought it's hilariously good! :"D! I totally agree with you about those cat twins, their just annoying lol. Kanoko is so cute =w= ~. her character/personality is pretty unique compared to the mangas I read. I like how Kanoko makes sense in her density. Well, what I mean by that is, like in some other mangas, the person that is dense about the other person's feelings...well, it kinda feels like their being dense on purpose...(I'm not sure if you get that :S) in other words, some other characters don't pull off the dense character's density very well, while Kanoko is a boss at being dense, in a cute way =w=. Lol, now that I think about it more...when I read your reviews, I feel like you stole my thoughts and feelings, while you were writing this :o ;;, anyway, your awesome, make more reviews cause I shall be reading more! X3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks. The trick I've learned is to take notes while reading the manga/watching the anime. That's my tactic of drama, anime, and manga now. (For example, while reviewing the anime Another I had a page of Google Docs just for trying to write down my suspicions)

      And I agree. Not all characters do Dense very well. I think I like Kanoko the most because of how dense she is.

      I actually stumbled upon this manga in Barnes and Noble, but it had the English name. I was therefore unable to find it on Mangareader.net until I kept randomly pressing the "surprise me" button, too reluctant to continue reading the millions of other manga I'm in the middle of.

      Delete
    2. lamo, I found this manga through surprise me XD
      I fricken love that button =w=

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete